Thursday, July 25, 2013

hello to my new world!

This is my first official post of The Unbowed. I can hardly contain my excitement to start something I love! Below are just a few photos of me in the past few years.

Whereabouts: Mont Blanc / Milan / Discovery Bay Hong Kong / Hong Kong

As a small introduction, I'll give a bit of background on myself. I was born in Japan, raised in Hong Kong, and am currently a sophomore studying at Parsons the New School for Design in New York. What started out as a culture shock living in an entirely foreign environment, has become an immense learning experience. Photography, traveling, volleyball, food (and lots of it!), and of course fashion are a few of my main passions. 

This blog will mainly feature my personal style, inspirations, creations (DIY projects) and "unconsumption" projects (repurposing existing artifacts).

Self-expression is tricky, because expression involves an audience. However, self-expression can become engulfed by the desire to please and external expectations. Through showcasing my individual style, I hope to put forth the message to be fearless and confident. There's no boundaries when it comes to yourself. And that's what this blog is about.

Until next time!
Post a Comment

Popular Posts